martes, 24 de mayo de 2011

My uncle and aunt's dining room

So, what's keeping me so busy?

Ok, I have been busy attending some courses and lectures at University to finally get my degree.

Also, speaking about home I am still stripping paint from the bathroom door; it had a lot of layers and it is not a quick or easy job... But the result is worth it (I know because I already did it with some other doors in my house)! I'm stripping off an ivory-yellow coat, several different shades of white coats and a varnish coat, at least. Moreover, the yellow-ivory coat is a glossy enamel... It looks so ugly. I have chosen a coconut-white satin-matte finish enamel, which gives them a much better look. I have to take pictures to show them off, definitely!

Today I am updating with some photos of my uncle and aunt's diningroom:



The vases, flowers and seashell are some gifts I gave her for her Birthday. She used to have an old-fashioned flower arrangement on the table and she wanted to change it, so I thought that would be a good idea.






The painting you "can see" in the pictures was made by me some time ago.


The ceiling lamp was designed by me as well. She wanted to install recessed lighting in the dining room ceiling and she didn't want a hanging lamp over the table, but I advised her to put a simple one. So, having the rest of the color palette, I recommended them the color for the shade, and also the texture and the type of fabric.


The white cabinet is also my design. The grey velvet chairs were chosen by me, too. The table is old, but they didn't want to get rid of it. The color of the cabinet wall was chosen by my aunt in the beginning, before anything else.










Oh, and the big seashell has got inside a purple amethyste and some mother-of-pearl, beige and purple smaller seashells (these were also my gift).

The photos were taken by me, as well =).
What do you think? I hope you like it!

4 comentarios:

  1. You cant go wrong with seashells and I just love the flowers.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ooh the flowers...they are so beautiful! Nice pictures :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It's gorgeous! The lighting is just fabulous! Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ResponderEliminar