sábado, 22 de enero de 2011

The entrance


Welcome back!

I am going to show you my entrance hall now. This space is almost finished by the moment, although we are currently planning on changing it as soon as we can.


The "room" is small and simple, yet cozy. As you can see in the picture, there is a beautiful piece of furniture made out from French Cherry tree that we bought when we were still living in my previous flat. I remember that I loved the black border when I saw it in the catalogue.


The table lamp is not something special at all, it is just a classic, simple one. The thing you can see in the right of the picture is a big vase with some bamboo canes.


The thing I like the best is the center piece, the flower arrangement made with white roses. I was inspired to choose it by the "table with the flowers" in Miranda's townhouse in The Devil wears Prada movie.

The Devil Wears Prada Movie Shot
The framed pictures are just two family photos in black and white. One of the frames is wood, and the other one is mother-of-pearl.


The painting was made by me in 2005.

We need a hanging lamp here; actually we were going to have one, until we discovered the one I had planned for the room was too large and we had to change our minds. So, we are probably going to install something like this:


So, what do you think? This is how it is now, but I will have to post (soon) what I have really planned for this room and what I will do as soon as my budget allows me, hehe.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario