lunes, 28 de noviembre de 2011

The Top 10 Spanish Decorators


I was revising one of my issues of Spanish Architectural Digest Magazine and I found an article with this title bookmarked. So, I thought it was a good chance to make you know some Spanish Interior Designers. Of course, I do not completely agree with all of them, especially because some have been left and they did not choose any male decorator. Anyway, I think they did a good selection that I will try to extend. I will make a single post for all of them, though, so you can actually get to know their work and do not get bored before finishing reading it.

So, it is time now for Rosa Bernal, number 1 in the Top 10 on Architectural Digest.


Rosa Bernal has been over thirty years creating classic and relaxed interiors for homes, hotels and Embassies. With her son she created The Rosa Bernal Collection, where she unleashes her passion for Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries revisiting furniture, fabrics and wallpapers. She owns one of the most important interior design studios in Europe and she is a reference of refinement and good taste. The pictures you are going to see show her living room, in her home in a Community near Madrid, where every single corner reflects elegance.


This corner in her living room has an 18th Century Italian Secretaire which holds a bronze bust. It has also a Queen Anne armchair with its original leather upholstery.


This picture shows other corner in her living room with several old paintings hanging over an 18th Century English console, with a collection of papier maché boxes. Under the console, two chinese tibors and on both sides, Italian candleholders and Chippendale chairs.


Rosa loves fabrics of every kind and composition. These are antique hand embroidered cushions.


Pictures from Nuevo Estilo

An old English seat upholstered with velvet separates the sitting area. The black English chair and the sofa are Regency. The red armchairs are French, from 18th Century, and the fireplace has a wood mouth.

Personally, I think her living room is amazing and beautiful; maybe, too classical for me. I mean, everything looks so antique and traditional, I think I would need not so many patterns and prints, more solids and more simplicity. Something I love is that the room feels so cozy and lived, everything is valuable but nothing is ostentatious.

What do you think about her? I would really like to know your opinions!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comentario: